Last year in my challenge section I did the “Down the TBR hole” challenge. This was supposed to clean up my Goodreads TBR section but there is no hope….. I gave up on it. It wasn’t fun any more and ended up being a chore. It will forever be out of control.
Going into 2019 I was trying to figure out what my new challenge was going and I needed it to be fun! The Dwarf Did it is mostly a place for all things bookish but I do post subscription boxes and random update posts about my life when I’m not reading much. That’s where the idea to make 2019 a “Wish Haul” challenge came from really. Just something fun to do. So this HAS been done before and isn’t all that original. It is just something I thought would be fun. I was drinking on New Year’s (shocker) and I was watching YouTube videos of Wish app reviews. I’ve always wanted to try it so here it is:
2019 Wish Haul Blog Rules
- Use ONLY spare dollars. Change when breaking a $5 or $10 etc….
- Only buy FREE or $1 items that randomly pop up on the Wish feed (you still have to pay for shipping).
- Order 5 items and wait….. and wait…… and wait…..
- When the 5 items ALL arrive, open them, try them, and write about them!
*** Note: Be sure to screen shot what you ordered because sometimes the item doesn’t look the same! (So I’ve been told)
At the beginning of January I ordered my first 5 items for my first challenge post! Let me just say….. I WAS NERVOUS! The first 4 items I bought for this first post were $1. You don’t get to see the “Free just pay shipping” until after your first purchase. The Last one was the FIRST free item I saw. While I waited for this first round I have been saving things for round two…. providing I dont die…. Here are the screen shots for the things I ordered.
For my first time trying Wish I sure went all out…. Lips, eyes, skin, consumption……. This is either going to be SUPER AWESOME or I’ll be making a trip to the doctor…. I can already tell you guys that round two had some gadgets and apparel etc…..
I received all 5 items by February 15. So YAY! All my items made it! Nothing got lost in transit! Lets take a peek at what these items actually look like….
- Matte Lipstick in Navy Blue: I have ALWAYS wanted a blue lipstick but haven’t spent the money on one. For $1 it was fun to try. The color was exactly what I chose and looked great with my red hair! Lol! It was definitely long wear and the color stayed in place. My only issue with it is it is super dry. My solution for that: apply chapstick before applying the lipstick. Overall I am ok with this item and my lips didn’t fall off.
2. The Detox Tea: Ok…. This item came in a completely different package with typos on it. That kind of weirds me out so I haven’t tried it yet! How bad can brewing crushed leaves be? Is it poison? I’m pretty sure the tea is fine…. Next week I’ll be starting a new diet/gym regimen and will kick-start with the tea. I’ll come back and edit this when I try it….
3. The Cat Eye Liner: I have tried this product and I love it. I LOVE liquid eye liner markers and this one goes on and stays on nicely. I free-handed my cat eye as always. The stencils it came with are really cute but I am not coordinated enough to keep it n place and put on eye liner. I would buy this again since my vision is still intact lol.
4. The Stretch Mark Cream: I got this one because it was free. Also carrying a 10 lbs child in the womb takes it toll. This stuff is silky smooth and feels great on the skin. No rash or anything weird so I survived another product. Only thing wrong with it is you would need to buy about 100 of them to see any kind of effect. The bottle is microscopic. 0.2 fl oz to be exact. Wont be buying again but was still fun to try. Stick to Palmers!
5. Aloe Lip Balm: I LOVE THIS! I will buy like 5 more of them. I have always wanted to try one of these lip balms….. It looks green but goes on pink! I am easily amused so color changing by itself is awesome. It feels good on the lips. Looks like a cute little aloe plant leaf. Everything about this one was a WIN!
This was a pretty fun project and I cant wait to do the next one. Like stated before, the next Wish haul will not contain very much beauty stuff. It will still be just as random!
See you all in a few weeks for the next one!