WHOA!! I got nominated for one of these things? WOOHOO! I feel all kinds of special right now. Someone sees me in the blog world (sometimes). So many thanks to Mani’s Book Corner for my first nomination. Check out and follow their blog! Now let’s get down to business this fine Tuesday morning…
Rules of the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
11 Questions I was asked:
- Do you lend out your books? No. Never. I use to lend out my books once upon a time but then I never got them back. I now have a few collections missing books because I never got the loaners back and couldn’t replace them. I let people read any of my books at my house. They stay on my property though.
- Do you write in your books? This one is a nope also. I have a Sticky Note Fetish so I’ll write on those and place it on the page. The only exception to this rule is my medical textbooks for school. I use to highlight in those.
- What is the one book you will always recommend to everyone? Caraval series. Hands down. I love it. I’m always recommending books to people based on their preferences. I’m pretty well rounded in the genre department.
- Can you read on the bus/in the car? Yes and no. There is a 50/50 chance I’m going to end up car sick.
- What makes you love a book? Covers. Quirky characters. A story that I totally get lost in and wish with all my might it was real. Anything with pirates, Vikings, or witches. I also tend to favor the dark and twisted or somewhat controversial.
- How often do you agree with the critics about a book? Sometimes. Other times I dislike a book critics rave about. Love the underdog that got torn to shreds.
- How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I feel super bad about giving a 2 star rating. Like what if that was my WIP? BUT I will DNF, 1 or 2 stars and say why. I try to take a constructive criticism approach though. You won’t ever see me say “I fucking hate this book!!! RAWR!!!”
- If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose? Scottish Gaelic! I’m actually trying to learn it right now via online videos HAHA! “Ciamar a tha sibh?” I don’t even know if that is spelled right… I’d also learn Italian because my family is Italian.
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without reading? I went a year without reading I THINK… I couldn’t afford any books, my local library SUCKED, and I was playing a lot of World of Warcraft. I really wished I had discovered book reviewing back then. Makes me sad to think of the books I missed, but hey! That just means I have more out there to discover.
- A favorite film adaptation of a book? I like………… um…….. either Harry Potter or Anne of Green Gables. Those are the movie adaptations I’ve seen the most. I also really liked True Blood but HBO went SO FAR off the books I almost don’t think it counts anymore LOL! I don’t know…. The book is always better.
- Which book character strongly resembles your personality? Hmmmm…… I’m not 100% sure on this one… I’d have to consult my bookish friends. WHO AM I?!?!
My Questions for You:
- What is the best book you have read all year (2018) and why?
- Is there a book that you love that NO ONE else in the world seems to like?
- Do you have a hobby? (Outside of reading of course).
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- Have you ever actually thrown a book across the room? Why? (Or why did you consider it?)
- When you read do you see images or a movie going on inside your head?
- What is a cover you DESPISE and a cover you LOVE? Post a picture.
- What is your ALL TIME FAVORITE word?
- If you could live the rest of your life in a book, which book/world would you choose?
- Tell me about the strangest thing you have ever read.
- Name an author that inspires you. How and why?
Have fun, you guys! I can’t wait to see your answers. Have a similar answer to mine? Wand to answer one of the questions I was asked? Please drop a comment!